|"Brand" by Donato Giancola|
|Titles||King of Dale|
|Rule||T.A. 3007 - 3019|
|Death||17 March, T.A. 3019 |
Battle of Dale
|Gallery||Images of Brand|
At the Council of Elrond the dwarf Glóin reported that a year earlier (in T.A. 3017) a messenger from Mordor had come to speak to Dáin. He also said that messengers had spoken to King Brand and that he was afraid, for war appeared to be gathering on his eastern borders.
King Brand remained steadfast though. In T.A. 3019 when a host of Sauron's allies crossed the River Carnen he retreated into Dale. There the Men of Dale and the Dwarves of Erebor fought for three days. Brand was slain at the side of Dáin II Ironfoot during the Battle of Dale, at the end of which the victorious Easterlings drove the allies (including his son, Bard) into Erebor where they were besieged.
fl. Fourth Age
 Portrayal in adaptations
|Brand in adaptations|
2001-2007: The Lord of the Rings Trading Card Game:
- Despite not featuring in The Lord of the Rings film series, Decipher produced a card depicting the character.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, The Fellowship of the Ring, "Many Meetings"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit, "Fire and Water"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, The Fellowship of the Ring, "The Council of Elrond"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix B, "The Great Years"
- ↑ Wayne G. Hammond and Christina Scull (eds), The Lord of the Rings: A Reader's Companion, p. 413 (discussion on name Erkenbrand)
|3rd King of Dale|
T.A. 3007 – 17 March 3019