|Location||Border between Rohan and Gondor|
|Description||East flowing stream, tributary of the Entwash|
The stream rose from a cleft in a northward spur of the White Mountains, traversed the Firienholt, which grew about the mountain Halifirien, last of the Warning beacons of Gondor, then exited to the plain and joined the Entwash, where it formed impassable marshes.:301
The line of the Stream was fortified between the marshes and the bridge of the Road.:301
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, The Return of the King, "Map of Rohan, Gondor, and Mordor"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), Unfinished Tales, "Cirion and Eorl and the Friendship of Gondor and Rohan"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, "Nomenclature of The Lord of the Rings" in Wayne G. Hammond and Christina Scull (eds), The Lord of the Rings: A Reader's Companion, p. 773
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), Unfinished Tales, "Cirion and Eorl and the Friendship of Gondor and Rohan", note 46
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Silmarillion, "Appendix: Elements in Quenya and Sindarin Names", entry sîr