|"Aeluin" by Elena Kukanova|
|Location||Eastern Dorthonion, south-west of Ladros|
|Description||A lake of clear waters with wild heaths about it|
|People and History|
|Events||Massacre at Tarn Aeluin|
|Gallery||Images of Tarn Aeluin|
- "But the waters of Tarn Aeluin were held in reverence, for they were clear and blue by day and by night were a mirror for the stars..."
- ― Quenta Silmarillion, "Of Beren and Lúthien"
Aeluin, sometimes referred to as Tarn Aeluin, was a clear blue mountain lake in the eastern highlands of Dorthonion, southwest of Ladros. It was situated among wild heather hills, themselves surrounded by trackless and uninhabited forests and highland plains of heather.
Other versions of the legendarium
- J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Silmarillion, "Quenta Silmarillion: Of Beren and Lúthien"
- J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Silmarillion, "Map of Beleriand and the Lands to the North"
- J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), Morgoth's Ring, "Part Four. Athrabeth Finrod ah Andreth", p. 325
- Paul Strack, "S. Aeluin loc.", Eldamo - An Elvish Lexicon (accessed 24 May 2022)
- Klett- Cotta: Das erste Jahrzehnt 1977-1987: Ein Almanach, "Mîms Klage", pp. 302-305