From Tolkien Gateway
(Redirected from Beowulf)
Beowulf can refer to:
Books by J.R.R. Tolkien
- Beowulf: The Monsters and the Critics, a 1936 lecture and 1937 book by J.R.R. Tolkien.
- Beowulf and the Finnsburg Fragment. The 1940 edition includes Prefatory Remarks by J.R.R. Tolkien.
- Om Beowulfsagan, ("On the Tale of Beowulf") a 1975 collection of essays by J.R.R. Tolkien.
- Beowulf and the Critics, by J.R.R. Tolkien (edited by Michael D.C. Drout and published in 2002).
- Beowulf: A Translation and Commentary, published in 2014 by J.R.R. Tolkien.
Books by others
- Beowulf: An Introduction to the Study of the Poem, a 1921 book by R.W. Chambers.
- Beowulf (Crossley-Holland translation), a 1968 translation of Beowulf by Kevin Crossley-Holland
- Beowulf and the Dragon, illustrated by Anke Eißmann and a Foreword by Tom Shippey.
- "Beowulf: The Monsters and the Critics", a chapter in The Monsters and the Critics and Other Essays.
- On Translating Beowulf, a chapter in The Monsters and the Critics and Other Essays.
- Beowulf (poem), the Old English epic.
- Beowulf (alliterative translation), an unpublished translation by J.R.R. Tolkien.
- The Lay of Beowulf, a poem by J.R.R. Tolkien.
|This disambiguation page is a list of articles associated with the same title. This is in accordance with Tolkien Gateway's Naming policy.|
If an internal link referred you to this page, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.