Index talk:Poems by J.R.R. Tolkien
Should these poems be included:
- Poems in the essay A Secret Vice (1931), published in 1983 in The Monsters and the Critics and Other Essays
--Tik 05:34, 17 November 2007 (EST)
- I don't see any reason why not :) Good catch! --Hyarion 12:52, 17 November 2007 (EST)
- Added. --Tik 15:53, 17 November 2007 (EST)
Poems within the legendarium[edit source]
- Poems in The Hobbit and Poems in The Lord of the Rings, mainly. --Mith (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 20:11, 20 January 2011 (UTC)
Structure of list[edit source]
I'm thinking of doing some tweaks on this list:
- Move the year of composition to before the title (for example: *[[19XX]] Title of poem)
- Implement a chronology based on year of composition (which is stated in the introduction, but not used throughout the article)
- Use "..." or '...' for titles of poems (seems to be standard on TG), and cursive for titles of publications.
Would this be okey for everyone? --Morgan 17:57, 20 January 2011 (UTC)
- 2) Then only include the year when it was first published? This would be enough, IMHO.
- 3) Do you mean that we should use italics for both the title of poems and of publications? --Morgan 21:52, 20 January 2011 (UTC)
- 2. All poems.--Morgan 09:30, 21 January 2011 (UTC)
Name of page[edit source]
I think this page could be renamed to UNCOLLECTED POEMS. Since this is the name give it to Tom Shippey in a essay on Encyclopedia of J.R.R.Tolkien. There are others poems that I included in last days. But change the name of the page could be better. —Unsigned comment by Sigurd (talk • contribs).
- The poems we include in this index are both collected and uncollected, so I don't see any reason to change the name of the article.--Morgan 15:24, 28 November 2013 (UTC)