Letter to George and Moira Sayer (7 August 1952)
From Tolkien Gateway
On 7 August 1952, J.R.R. Tolkien wrote a letter to George and Moira Sayer.
- Subject: The publication of The Lord of the Rings.
- Publication: Excerpts from the letter appeared in Christie's 20th Century Books and Manuscripts 16 November 2001. A description of the letter appears in The J.R.R. Tolkien Companion and Guide: I. Chronology.
- Letter to Moira Sayer (10 August 1952)
- Letter to George Sayer (24 June 1953)
- Letter to George Sayer (28 November 1963)
- Letter to George Sayer (21 March 1966)
- Letter to George and Moira Sayer (11 December 1971)
- ↑ Christina Scull and Wayne G. Hammond (2006), The J.R.R. Tolkien Companion and Guide: I. Chronology, pp. 386-7
- ↑ "20th-Century Books and Manuscripts. 2001", TolkienBooks.net (accessed 22 June 2013)