Letter to R.W. Chambers
- Subject: Christmas greetings.
- Description: 1 page, handwritten.
- Publication: A transcript of the letter was published in the Monash Review, Nr. 3 (1975).
My Dear Chambers,
Thank you for your note. I am sorry you are — or were — unwell. My very best wishes for a happy feast and for all blessings in 1934.
Yrs very sincerely,
I send you - it may possibly amuse you — a report on last year's Examinations in Oxford: held by myself, Wrenn, Brett-Smith & C.S. Lewis (whose Pilgrim's Regress you may have read). The howlers are genuine except the nonsense about Percy S.
- Doworst (poem)
- Christina Scull, Wayne G. Hammond, "Addenda and Corrigenda to The J.R.R. Tolkien Companion and Guide (2006) Vol. 1: Chronology", Hammond&Scull.com (accessed 14 April 2014)
- "Fantasy that! — a Tolkien original", in Monash Review, Nr. 3 (1975), p. 2