Letter to Rayner Heppenstall (13 December 1954)
From Tolkien Gateway
On 13 December 1954, J.R.R. Tolkien wrote a letter to Rayner Heppenstall.
- Contents: Critical points about the radio play The Homecoming of Beorhtnoth (broadcast on 3 December). While the letter has not been kept in the BBC Written Archives Centre, it can be inferred from Heppenstall's reply on the same day that Tolkien appears to have "included comments that the readers ignored the alliterative metre of the work, and delivered the verse as if it were iambic pentameter".
See also[edit | edit source]
- Rayner Heppenstall 22 September 1954 (Letter 152)
- Letter to Rayner Heppenstall (17 November 1954)
- Letter to Rayner Heppenstall (1-2 December 1954)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Christina Scull and Wayne G. Hammond (2006), The J.R.R. Tolkien Companion and Guide: I. Chronology, pp. 446-7