From Tolkien Gateway
- Nen Hithoel = "Lake of Mist"
- Nen Lalaith = "River of Laughter"
- Nenuial = "Lake Evendim"
- Núrnen = "Sad Water"
- Ninui = name of the "Wet" month
- J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Silmarillion, "Appendix: Elements in Quenya and Sindarin Names", entry nen
- Wayne G. Hammond and Christina Scull (eds), The Lord of the Rings: A Reader's Companion, pp. 327-328
- J.R.R. Tolkien, "Words, Phrases and Passages in Various Tongues in The Lord of the Rings: Eldarin Roots and Stems", in Parma Eldalamberon XVII (edited by Christopher Gilson), p. 77 (form appearing as "nĕn")
- J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Lost Road and Other Writings, Part Three: "The Etymologies", entry "NEN"