|Education||Glasgow School of Art|
Soni Alcorn-Hender (pronounced "Sunny") - and known by the pseudonym Bohemian Weasel - is an English artist living in Portugal. Her artwork has been exhibited by The Tolkien Society and has been published by Topps in their The Lord of the Rings Masterpieces card series.
Alcorn-Hender grew up in southern England before moving to Scotland to complete a degree in illustration at the Glasgow School of Art. She moved to Portugal for the warm weather where she regularly works on commissions.
Having held the works of J.R.R. Tolkien close to her heart since a young age - describing herself as "batshit crazy" about The Lord of the Rings - she always had a desire to create artworks based on his works. Following a recommendation by fellow artist Grant Gould, in November 2007 she was commissioned by Topps to produce cards for the forthcoming The Lord of the Rings Masterpieces II series. In 2013 Alcorn-Hender also worked on the licensed cards of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey for Cryptozoic Entertainment.
Her artwork has been featured in Mallorn 54, published by The Tolkien Society in 2013. And in 2014 and 2015 Alcorn-Hender's artwork was exhibited at the Society's Oxonmoot events alongside other notable artists such as Ted Nasmith. In September 2015 her artwork was exhibited in the "Evil in the Shining Light" exhibition.
- Bohemian Weasel (official website)
- Bohemian Weasel at deviantArt
- The Bohemian Weasel's Cave at ValarGuild
- "About a weasel", Bohemian Weasel (accessed 31 August 2015)
- "EXCLUSIVE: Interview with Fantasy Artist – Soni Alcorn-Hender (Bohemian Weasel)" dated 23 February 2013, Legendarium Media (accessed 31 August 2015)
- "Evil in the Shining Light", Bank Street Arts (accessed 31 August 2015)
- "Interview with Soni Alcorn-Hender" dated 9 February 2010, Sketch Card Art! (accessed 31 August 2015)
- "Adventure Time, The Hobbit, and The Walking Dead sketch card previews" dated 11 March 2014, Cryptozoic Entertainment (accessed 31 August 2015)