Sumner Gary Hunnewell
Sumner Gary Hunnewell (a.k.a. Hildifons Took) is an American Tolkien fandom scholar.
Sumner Gary Hunnewell, who lives in Missouri, USA, is a an American Tolkien fandom scholar. He has collected and published on Tolkien fandom in recent decades. He has also worked with Marquette University on enlarging their J.R.R. Tolkien archive. Sumner Gary Hunnewell is also working with Marquette University to store his collection on microfilm.
New England Tolkien Society / Beyond Bree
Sumner Gary Hunnewell is/was the driving force behind the New England Tolkien Society. In 2002 Sumner Gary Hunnewell received the Beyond Bree Award. Sumner Gary Hunnewell also co-hosted Beyond Bree Moots in the 1990s.
Sumner Gary Hunnewell has published multiple articles and publications in recent decades.
- Amon Hen: 140, 143, 144, 145, 146, 148, 149, 150, 151, 153, 154, 157, 159, 160, 163, 169, 173 : Hildifons's Half of Amon Hen
- Amon Hen: 156: Eclipses in Tolkien's Life and Works
- The Lord of the Rings 1954-2004: Naysayers in the Works of Tolkien
- Tyalië Tyelelliéva 10: Encyclopedie de la Terre du Milieu; Volume I: Quenya, book by Edward Kloczko, review by Gary Hunnewell
- Tolkien Centenary Conference 1992: Tolkien Fandom
- 2014: The Hobbit and Tolkien's Mythology
- "A Scientific Examination of Durin's Day"
- 2020: Amon Hen 284:
- Review: Finding Myself in Borneo: sojourns in Sabah
- Tolkien Fandom Review 1964
- Tolkien Fandom Review 1965
- Tolkien Fandom Review 1966
- From the Archives of Hildifons Took, Formerly of Tuckborough: A Collection of Items found in non-Tolkien fanzines, written and drawn by Fans and Students of the Works of J.R.R. Tolkien
- Tolkien Fannish and Scholarly Activities and Publications 1992
Sumner Gary Hunnewell is a baron Reunited Kingdoms of Gondor and Arnor (a Tolkien network from the late 1990s through 2001) and negotiated the Keble College Compact with Tolkien Society Forodrim in 1992.
- https://docs.google.com/document/edit?id=1nT2gNTUS3AH6p2_tMIFpTCZXNh_q5wD2zCfxriwqXHA&hl=en&pli=1 (accessed 05-12-2011)
- http://www.marquette.edu/library/archives/Mss/JRRT/JRRT-hunnewell.shtml (accessed 05-12-2011)
- http://www.marquette.edu/library/archives/tolkien.shtml (accessed 05-12-2011)
- http://www.marquette.edu/library/archives/Mss/JRRT/JRRT-series5.shtml (accessed 05-12-2011)
- http://www.marquette.edu/library/archives/Mss/JRRT/JRRT-hunnewell.shtml (accessed 07-12-2011)
- http://www.tc.umn.edu/~d-lena/WhatIsBreeMoot.html (accessed 05-12-2011)
- http://efanzines.com/TFR/TolkienFandom2ndEd.pdf (accessed 05-12-2011)
- http://efanzines.com/TFR/Tolkien1965.pdf (accessed 05-12-2011)
- http://efanzines.com/TFR/Tolkien1966.pdf (accessed 05-12-2011)
- http://books.google.com/books/about/Tolkien_fannish_and_scholarly_activities.html?id=rATzGgAACAAJ (accessed 05-12-2011)
- http://home.mchsi.com/~numenor/jrrt/peers.htm#hunnewell (accessed 07-12-2011)