From Tolkien Gateway
For usage with family trees.
- a = age, defined as "1" for First Age, "2" for Second Age, "3" for Third Age, "4" for Fourth Age, "SR" for Shire-reckoning, YT for Year of the Trees. If blank, this will be the Third Age. You can use this or ba and da
- ba = birth age, same parameters as a. You only need to use this if you are using both born and death, and those are in different ages.
- da = death age, same parameters as a. You only need to use this if you are using both born and death, and those are in different ages.
- noa = if you don't want any ages to be displayed, just the year. Note: by default the second date will always not show the age unless it is a different one; see examples below.
- b = born, as just a number, e.g. "2852".
- d = death, as just a number, e.g. "510".
- k = killed, and will display a † after their death.
- 1 = is a free text box which can be used exclusively (i.e. ignoring everything else), or can be used for text before everything else
- 2 = is a free text both which can be used for text after everything else.