- Internal pages:
- External Wikipedia pages:
I hope you enjoy editing here and we look forward to your future edits. By the way, you can sign your name on Talk and vote pages using three tildes, like this: ~~~. Four tildes (~~~~) produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, see the help pages, add a question to the Council forums, join our chat or ask me on my talk page. Keep up the great work!
Good job you have done so far.
Image naming conventions
Hi Gegou. I appreciate you have a sincere desire to upload many more images from adaptations, but can I ask you to consider the naming conventions of files in order to save me having to correct it. For instance:
- "File:The-Hobbit-The-Desolation-of-Smaug-SMAUG-0071.jpg" should be "File:The Hobbit - The Desolation of Smaug - Smaug 3.jpg" (as we already have a 1 and a 2)
- "File:The-Hobbit-The-Battle-Five-Armies-Smaug.jpg" should be "File:The Hobbit - The Battle of the Five Armes - Smaug.jpg"
For "File:Middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor OR PS4 2.jpg" I have no idea what that title even means, and the file is without categories to tell me. For official adaptations we do not have specific permission to use their imagery, so we should be more restrained in uploaded images in light of fair-use (unlike where artists have given us their permission). Do you think, for instance, that this is an image we will actually use?
I'm going to need you to go through your images and tidy up the names of them and sort out the categorisation. Do you have any further questions on this? If not, when do you think you would be able to do this? I think it would be beneficial if you were to go through all your images uploaded in the last couple of days and tidy those before uploading any others. --Mith (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 07:47, 5 September 2019 (UTC)
- You have ignored this message and the one below. As a result I am giving you a temporary ban whilst I correct this. --Mith (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 15:53, 8 September 2019 (UTC)
On Tolkien Gateway we regard plagiarism as unacceptable, and this is stated in our Manual of Style that lifting content from elsewhere (such as from Wikipedia) is against our Manual of Style. So far, I can see you have lifted content on:
- Tolkien (film)
- The Hobbit: Armies of The Third Age (which I corrected)
- The Hobbit: Kingdoms of Middle-earth (which I corrected)
Are there any others? Please correct these, and indeed the issues with images I raised above, before you do any other edits to this wiki.