- Internal pages:
- External Wikipedia pages:
I hope you enjoy editing here and we look forward to your future edits. By the way, you can sign your name on Talk and vote pages using three tildes, like this: ~~~. Four tildes (~~~~) produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, see the help pages, add a question to the Council forums, join our chat or ask me on my talk page. Keep up the great work!
Blanking of the Aragorn page
Blanking of pages is destructive and not constructive. Vandalism will not be tolerated and destructive edits will be reverted. --Akhorahil 14:52, 8 April 2021 (UTC)
- I'm sorry, it was an accident.--Shivam 15:01, 8 April 2021 (UTC)
- It's alright if you make a mistake. I've seen various users accidentally blank pages before. Just be sure to undo something if you mess up so there's no actual damage. --Grace18 17:05, 8 April 2021 (UTC)
- Yep, I correted it.--Shivam 01:48, 9 April 2021 (UTC)
Editing of the parentage of Aragorn and of the quote
Thank you for your interest in the Tolkien Gateway and for wanting to spend time to contribute to its contents. I recommend that you study the structure and formatting in other pages before you decide if something should be changed so that the structure and formatting are consistent. I also recommend to use the Show preview button and to check if your edits contain any typographical errors or omissions. If you Look at the pages for Elrond and Elros, you will see that it is customary that the roles of the parents (e.g. father, mother, foster father are mentioned after the name of the parent or foster parent after a comma). If you look at the Elrond or Gandalf pages, you will see that it is customary that quotes from LOTR are not in bold (they are not the most important element in a page). If you look at your edit, you will see that there was a typographical error and that a character was missing in foster father. --Akhorahil 08:28, 9 April 2021 (UTC)
- Ok, I am again sorry I will correct it. Thank you for the advice.--Shivam 12:42, 9 April 2021 (UTC)
- When you edit a page there is a box that starts with "Insert:" below the box that starts with "Summary:". Click in the last symbol in the Insert box that looks like two minuses and four snakes (tildes). This Symbol will automatically create your signature with the date and time of the edit when you preview or Save the edit. Only use the signature on talk pages or in forum pages. Edits on normal pages are not Sohnes, but in the HISTORY of a page people can see which user made which change. --Akhorahil 16:14, 9 April 2021 (UTC)
- Thanks.--Shivam 01:40, 10 April 2021 (UTC) See my Username does not act like a link to my page.
- Please someone help me how to make my signature. Everytime I sing a page and save it my sign does not act as a link to my user page.--Shivam 12:49, 15 July 2021 (UTC)
- See it appears only as a text.
- Just add this to the end of your text: ~,~,~,~. (I added commas because if I write the tildes uninterrupted they form a signature - namely mine. Simply write it the same way I wrote it, at the end of the sentence, without the "," sign.) IvarTheBoneless 15:23, 16 July 2021 (UTC)
- Okay I'll try. Shivam 15:50, 16 July 2021 (UTC)
- Nope, it's still not working.--Shivam 15:52, 16 July 2021 (UTC)
- When you edit a page then you see a box below that starts with 'Insert:' follower by a list of special characters. At the end you can click on a sequence that starts with two minuses and then four of those waves to insert this sequence, which will transform into your username with the date and time of the edit after you click on Show preview or on Save page. --22.214.171.124 16:08, 16 July 2021 (UTC)
- The last two edits I did, I tried both IvarTheBoneless' and your method but no improvement still I am going to try it again.--Shivam 16:37, 16 July 2021 (UTC)
Calimehtar (son of Calmacil)
I appreciate that you take an interest in the articles on Tolkien Gateway and that you want to correct things that you pereceive as mistakes. If you look at the title of the line in the infobox, which says "Children" and if you look how it is used for other persons, you can deduce that the persons that stand to the right of "Children" are the children or the grandchildren and that male grandchildren are identified by adding "grandson". Castamir was the grandson of Calimehtar and not the grandfather of Calimehtar. If the title of the line in the infobox says "Patentage" then the persons that stand to the right are the parents and if the parents are not known and only the grandfather is known then grandfather is added before the name of the grandfather. --Akhorahil 12:22, 17 June 2021 (UTC)
- I forgot to write 'of' before Castamir. I will keep this in mind.--Shivam 06:20, 18 June 2021 (UTC)