From Tolkien Gateway
Events that occurred on 15 November.
- 1892 - Arthur, Mabel, two household servants, and the nurse holding Ronald pose for a picture in the garden at Bank House. The photograph is used in Tolkien Christmas cards sent to family and friends. The image is reproduced in J.R.R. Tolkien: A Biography and The Tolkien Family Album.
- 1937 - Tolkien submits to Allen & Unwin a bundle of manuscripts including The Lay of Leithian ("Long Poem"); Quenta Silmarillion, Ainulindalë, Ambarkanta, and The Fall of Númenor (chapter) ("The Gnomes Material"); The Lost Road; and Farmer Giles of Ham and Mr. Bliss. They also discuss Beowulf.
- 1961 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes Letter 233.
- 1961 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes a letter to Jane Neave.
- 1978 - The 1978 animated film of The Lord of the Rings premières in the United States.
- 1983 - Actor John Le Mesurier dies.
- 1983 - Illustrator Eric Fraser dies.
- 1991 - After the King: Stories In Honor of J.R.R. Tolkien is published.
- 2007 - Myth and Magic: Art according to the Inklings is published.
- 2010 - Parma Eldalamberon issue 19 is published.
- 2014 - War of Words: Soldier-Poets of the Somme is aired.
- 2014 - ArdaCraft begins building Middle-earth.