From Tolkien Gateway
Tolkien-related events that took place in 1926.
- 1 – E.V. Gordon replaces J.R.R. Tolkien in the Chair of English Language at the University of Leeds.
- ? - J.R.R. Tolkien's "Philology: General Works" is published in The Year's Work in English Studies.
- 29 - Leonard Fenton, who would voice the Elvenking in the radio play of The Hobbit and Daddy Twofoot in The Lord of the Rings, is born.
- ? - J.R.R. Tolkien meets C.S. Lewis, who will have a lasting impact on his works.
- 25 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes a letter to W.G. Harding.
- 7 - Don Messick, who would voice Balin and the Lord of the Eagles in The Hobbit (1977 film), is born.
- 21 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes a letter to Willard G. Harding.
- 26 - Father Christmas writes a letter to J.R.R. Tolkien's children.
- ? - The Coalbiters is formed, a faculty club who read Old Norse.
1923 1924 1925 1926 1927 1928 1929