From Tolkien Gateway
|Lifetime||10 February 1992|
|The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power|
Charlie Vickers is an Australian actor. He has portrayed Halbrand (later revealed to be Sauron himself) in the Amazon Studios television series The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power. He was unaware about the character’s true identity until the filming of the third episode.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "It is nice. I've been having to carry this for quite a long time. It's nice to just be like, it's out. Now it's out."
- ― Charlie Vickers, Screen Rant
- "A lot of the subconscious work was a creating a human life for Halbrand. In order for Sauron to effectively portray Halbrand and deceive people, I think he would have to have a pretty comprehensive life mapped out. I guess all the subconscious work I did was in creating that and then also creating Sauron’s life and really thinking about where he’s come from. It’s a lot of reading, but also a lot of practical things. We were so lucky in New Zealand to have the country. So I went hiking for a long time to create Sauron’s world. I went to Tongariro National Park, which is [what] they used for Mount Doom in The Fellowship of the Ring, the original trilogy. So the subconscious work was all kind of there. And I hope that it informed the performance — I kept that in my mind as we were going"
- ― Charlie Vickers, Polygon
- ↑ "Full Cast & Crew", IMDb (accessed 31 July 2022)
- ↑ "The Rings of Power' actor Charlie Vickers reveals that even he didn't know he was Sauron" dated 15 October 2022, wionews.com (accessed 26 October 2022)