From Tolkien Gateway
- 3 - Hundredth birthday of J.R.R. Tolkien.
- 3 - On this special day, the Finnish Tolkien Society is founded.
- 3 - The premiere of the first episode of German radio serial adaptation Der Herr der Ringe, a co-production of public radio broadcasters SWR (Südwestrundfunk) and WDR (Westdeutscher Rundfunk), on Tolkien's 100th birthday.
- 6 - Sauron Defeated is published in the UK.
- 6 - The Tolkien Family Album is published.
- 11-12 - On the occasion of the centenary, an International Tolkien Symposium is held in Aachen, Germany.
- ? - Vinyar Tengwar 21 is published.
- ? - Beyond Bree J.R.R. Tolkien Calendar 1992 is released.
- ? - Amon Hen 113 is published.
- ? - Vinyar Tengwar 22 is published.
- ? - Vinyar Tengwar 24 is published.
- 16 - The first part of the radio adaptation of Farmer Giles of Ham is aired on BBC 5.
- 16-24 - Tolkien Centenary Conference, a combination of Oxonmoot and Mythcon.
- 23 - The second part of the radio adaptation of Farmer Giles of Ham is aired on BBC5.
- 30 - The radio adaptation of Smith of Wootton Major is aired on BBC 5.
- ? - The Making of The Lord of the Rings by Rayner Unwin is published.
- ? - Mallorn 29 is published.
- 6 - The first part of the radio adaptation of The Adventures of Tom Bombadil is aired on BBC5.
- 13 - The second part of the radio adaptation of The Adventures of Tom Bombadil is aired on BBC5.
- 20 - The radio adaptation of Leaf by Niggle is aired on BBC5.
- 22 - The Danish Tolkien Society Imladris is founded.
- ? - Vinyar Tengwar 25 is published.
- 27 - Sauron Defeated is published in the US.
- 27 - Pictures by J.R.R. Tolkien (revised edition) is published.
- ? - The Tolkien Collector is founded.
- ? - Tolkien and Middle-earth Handbook by Colin Duriez is published.
- ? - The Bulgarian magazine Duga ceases to exist, cutting short their comic book version of The Lord of the Rings at the Breaking of the Fellowship.
- ? - An abridged reading of The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien is published by Caedmon.
- ? - Tolkien's World: Paintings of Middle-earth is published.
- ? - Tolkien: The Illustrated Encyclopedia by David Day is published.
- ? - The documentary Tolkien Remembered is aired.
- ? - The First and Second Ages is published.
- ? - Basic Quenya is published.
- ? - The Tolkien Calendar 1993 is released.
- ? - The 1993 J.R.R. Tolkien Calendar released.
- ? - Eric Thompson notices small differences between the first and second impressions of The Fellowship of the Ring and informs the publishers; Rayner Unwin discovers that the printer had quietly reset the volume types 38 years earlier.
1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995