Lord of the Rings Adventure Game
The Lord of the Rings Adventure Game (LOR or LoR) is a role-playing game based on the writings of J.R.R. Tolkien (specifically The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit) under license from Tolkien Enterprises. Iron Crown Enterprises published the game until they lost the license on 22 September 1999.
- (1991) Lord of the Rings Adventure Game (Boxed Set)
- (1991) Darker than the Darkness
- (1993) Over the Misty Mountains Cold
Two more sequel books were promised to be available (Before the Goblins in 1993 and Greatest of the Forests in 1994), but never reached publication.
Brian Gross has created a fantasy RPG system called Middle-earth Adventure Game (MEAG), which is a generalization and expansion of the rules created by ICE for the Middle-earth Quest books and for the Lord of the Rings Adventure Game. MEAG is specifically designed for Middle-earth gaming with new role-players in mind.
- ↑ "Lord of the Rings Adventure Game", RPGGeek.com (accessed 2 December 2013)
- ↑ "Feedback and Comments", ICEWebRing.com (accessed 2 December 2013)
- ↑ "The Middle-Earth Adventure Game (MEAG)", The Heren Turambarion (accessed 2 December 2013)