From Tolkien Gateway
- 21 - Filming begins on The Hobbit (film series).
- 21 - Update 2: Echoes of the Dead, the second update of The Lord of the Rings Online, is released in North America.
- 24 - Update 2: Echoes of the Dead, the second update of The Lord of the Rings Online, is released in Europe.
- 25 - Tolkien Reading Day.
- 26 - 3rd Conference on Middle-earth.
- 26 - Author Diana Wynne Jones dies.
- ? - Amon Hen 228 is published.
- 20 - The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game was released.
- 29 - J.R.R. Tolkien's Double Worlds and Creative Process by Arne Zettersten was released.
- 30 - Tolkien and Wales: Language, Literature and Identity by Carl Phelpstead was published.
- 5 - English and Medieval Studies Presented to J.R.R. Tolkien on the Occasion of his Seventieth Birthday is made available as a print-on-demand publication from HarperCollins.
- 20 - 22 - Unquendor's Lustrumfeest.
- 21 - 22 - The Tolkien Society's Middle-earth Weekend in Sarehole, Birmingham.
- 23 - Update 3: Lost Legends of Eriador, the third update of The Lord of the Rings Online is released.
- ? - Tolkien Studies: Volume 8 is published.
- ? - Amon Hen 229 is published.
- ? - Mallorn 51 is published.
- 1 - Tolkien Calendar 2012 is published.
- 5 - A revised printing of Parma Eldalamberon 12 is released.
- 7 - Beowulf and the Critics: Revised Second Edition is published.
- 14-17 - Tolkien Thing 2011.
- 15 - 18 - Mythcon 42 in Albuquerque, New Mexico
- 21 - Light Beyond All Shadow: Religious Experience in Tolkien's Work is published.
- 30 - The Tolkien Society's seminar in York.
- 31 - Picturing Tolkien is published.
- ? - Amon Hen 230 is published.
- 11 - 14 - Omentielva Cantea - 4th International Conference on Tolkien's Invented Languages in Valencia, Spain.
- 24 - The Lord of the Rings: War in the North is released for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC in North America.
- ? - Tolkien and the Study of His Sources is published.
- (?) - The One Ring (role-playing game) is released.
- ? - The illustrated children's book Oliphaunt is published in a new edition.
- 1 - A Tolkien Tapestry is published.
- 1 - A Critical Companion to J.R.R. Tolkien: A Literary Reference to His Life and Works is published.
- 1 - J.R.R. Tolkien, a children's book from Holiday House, was published.
- 23-25 - Oxonmoot 2011 at Lady Margaret Hall.
- 27 - The Lord of the Rings Online: Rise of Isengard is released.
- 29 - A new hardback edition of Mr. Bliss is released.
- ? - Amon Hen 231 is published.
- 19 - Brother Joseph Power dies.
- 27 - A revised updated single-edition version of The History of The Hobbit is published.
- 27 - The Art of The Hobbit is published.
- 27 - From Elvish to Klingon: Exploring Invented Languages is published.
- 2 - The Loss and the Silence: Aspects of Modernism in the Works of C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien & Charles Williams is published.
- ? - Amon Hen 232 is published.
- ? - Mallorn 52 is published.
2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014