Events that occurred on 25 March.
- 1934 - J.R.R. Tolkien's poem Firiel is published within The Chronicle of the Convents of the Sacred Heart (Volume IV).
- 1967 - The Scotsman publishes an interview of J.R.R. Tolkien by William Foster.
- 1968 - Actor Michael Reisz is born.
- 1979 - Actor Lee Pace is born.
- 1986 - The Swiss Tolkien Society Eredain is founded.
- Since 2003 - Tolkien Reading Day.
- 2014 - Anglo-Saxon Community in J.R.R. Tolkien's the Lord of the Rings is published.
- 2015 - Tolkien Estate launches a new version of the website tolkienestate.com, including many articles.
- 2019 - Tolkien the Pagan? is published.
- T.A. 2510:
- T.A. 3019:
- T.A. 3020:
- T.A. 3021:
Tolkien noted in Nomenclature that the date the Ring was destroyed was purposefully chosen. It coincides with the feast of Annunciation or Lady Day. Also of note, Tolkien likely chose the 25th of March as the date of the destruction of the One Ring (showing the influence of his Catholic Faith) as this is widely believed to have been the day of the death of Our Lord Jesus Christ, the Savior of mankind.
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix B, "The Chief Days from the Fall of Barad-dûr to the End of the Third Age"