From Tolkien Gateway
Events that occurred on 8 March.
- 1939 - J.R.R. Tolkien gives the lecture On Fairy-Stories.
- 1941 - J.R.R. Tolkien finishes writing Letter 43.
- 1956 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes a letter to William Galbraith.
- 1973 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes Letter 349.
- 1973 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes a letter to Clyde S. Kilby.
- 1981 - The first episode of the 1981 radio adaptation of The Lord of the Rings is aired on BBC Radio 4.
- 2004 - The final day of "RingCon IV" in Seattle.
- T.A. 3019:
- Frodo and Sam leave Henneth Annûn and say farewell to Faramir. Gollum comes with them.
- Gandalf travels with Pippin along the White Mountains towards Minas Tirith.
- Aragorn and the Grey Company take the Paths of the Dead at daybreak. They reach the Stone of Erech at midnight.
- Théoden and the éoherë travel towards Dunharrow.
- Full Moon
- ↑ Wayne G. Hammond and Christina Scull (eds), The Lord of the Rings: A Reader's Companion, p. xlix