From Tolkien Gateway
|Lifetime||October 3, 1911 - May 2, 1995|
|The Lord of the Rings (1981 radio series)|
|Portrayed||J.R.R. Tolkien (narrator) in:|
|Tales from the Perilous Realm (radio series)|
Sir Michael Murray Hordern (1911 - 1995) was a British actor.
Roles[edit | edit source]
- 1981: The Lord of the Rings (1981 radio series): Gandalf
- 1987: The Adventures of Frodo
- 1992: Tales from the Perilous Realm (1992 radio series): J.R.R. Tolkien (narrator)
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "As for Gandalf, Michael Hordern - if the truth were told - never entirely understood what was going on! He was, for example, genuinely perplexed by the wizard's seeming demise in Moria during Episode 8, and asked Jane Morgan whether his agent had been wrong about the number of episodes for which he was required! When told that he would be resurrected in Episode 12, he simply grunted: 'Splendid! Splendid!' and shambled away."
- ― Brian Sibley, The Ring Goes Ever On.