From Tolkien Gateway
|Mythlore 50, Volume 13, Issue 4|
|Editor: Glen GoodKnight|
|Publisher: Mythopoeic Society|
|Released: Summer 1987|
Contents[edit | edit source]
Articles[edit | edit source]
- Wytenbroe, J. R. “Rites of Passage in The Hobbit.”
- Hyles, Vernon. “On the Nature of Evil: The Cosmic Myths of Lewis, Tolkien and Williams.”
- Musacchio, George. “Elwin Ransom: The Pilgrimage Begins.”
- Croft, Edward. “Where Words Fall Short: Limitations of Language in All Hallows' Eve.”
- Filmer, Kath. “An Allegory Unveiled: A Reading of The Lord of the Rings.”
- Agøy, Nils Ivar. “A Nodal Structure in Tolkien’s Tales of the First Age?”
- Unwin, Rayner, et al. “20 Years and 50 Issues.”
- Schakel, Peter J. “That ‘Hideous Strength’ in Lewis and Orwell: A Comparison and Contrast.”
- Welch, Randy C. “Watership Down: The Individual & Society.”
- Christopher, Joe R. “John Heath-Stubbs’ Artorius and the Influence of Charles Williams.”
Poetry[edit | edit source]
- Le Guin, Ursula K. “NM.”
- Yolen, Jane. “Amesbury Song.”
Features[edit | edit source]
- GoodKnight, Glen. Editor's Opening - Two Decades: Looking Back.
- Christopher, Joe R. An Inklings' Bibliography (31).
- Kondratiev, Alexei. “Tales Newly Told.”
- Hyde, Paul Nolan. “Quenti Lambardillion: A Column on Middle-earth Linguistics.”
Reviews[edit | edit source]
- The Hobbit, or There and Back Again. J.R.R. Tolkien, Illustrated by the author, Foreword by Christopher Tolkien. Reviewed by Nancy-Lou Patterson.
- C.S. Lewis. Joe R. Christopher. Reviewed by Nancy-Lou Patterson.
- Daughter of Regals & Other Tales. Stephen R. Donaldson. Reviewed by Thomas M. Egan.
- Elfquest — The Blood of Ten Chiefs, Volume One. Edited by Richard Pini, Robert Asprin, and Lynn Abby. Reviewed by David Bratman.
- Shadowlands. Film produced by the BBC and the Episcopal Radio-TV Foundation. Directed by Norman Stone; written by William Nicholson. Reviewed by David Bratman.
- Charles Williams. Kathleen Spencer. Reviewed by Nancy-Lou Patterson.
- Around the Year with C.S. Lewis and His Friends. Kathryn Lindskoog, compiler. Reviewed by Nancy-Lou Patterson.