|"Orophin" by Lori Deitrick|
|Siblings||Haldir and Rúmil|
|Gallery||Images of Orophin|
Some days later, when a band of a hundred Orcs were seen passing the Nimrodel, the three brothers went ahead and spoke with feigned voices, leading them on into the wood. Orophin ran back to warn the Galadhrim and prepare an ambush and fortify the wood.
Robert Foster identified the name as either Sindarin or Silvan. At another point it is described to be "suitable to Sindarin sounds and patterns" although it is "not clearly etymologizable as Sindarin".
Portrayal in adaptations
|Orophin in adaptations|
1995-8: Middle-earth Collectible Card Game:
- Orophin is a Warrior/Ranger Elf.
- An Elf of Lothórien from The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring is identified by Decipher as being Orophin in three cards, Orophin, Silvan Elf (17S11), Orophin, Lorien Bowman (1U56) and Orophin, Brother of Haldir (12C20). He was portrayed by Jason Secto.
2009: The Lord of the Rings Online:
- Orophin can be found on the western outskirts of Lothlórien, defending the borders against the orc attacks.
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, The Fellowship of the Ring, "Lothlórien"
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix B, "The Great Years"
- Robert Foster, The Complete Guide to Middle-earth, p. 109
- J.R.R. Tolkien, "Words, Phrases and Passages in Various Tongues in The Lord of the Rings", in Parma Eldalamberon XVII (edited by Christopher Gilson), p. 51
- Didier Willis, Elfling Message 24600