From Tolkien Gateway
A Seer, or Prophet, was one gifted with extreme foresight. While many Eldar and Edain had foresight, the seers predicted important events far in the future:
- Agaldor, who foresaw the coming of the Númenóreans and the salvation of Man.
- Amnon who predicted the Fall of Gondolin.
- Glirhuin of the First Age, who predicted that the Stone of the Hapless would never be defiled or sink beneath the sea.
- Malbeth of the mid-Third Age, who predicted that Arvedui would be the last king of Arthedain and also foresaw the fate of the People of the Dead.
See also[edit | edit source]
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Lost Road and Other Writings, "Part One: III. The Lost Road, (iii) The unwritten chapters", pp. 86-87
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Book of Lost Tales Part Two, "III. The Fall of Gondolin", p. 172
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Silmarillion, "Quenta Silmarillion: Of the Ruin of Doriath"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix A, "The Númenorean Kings", "Gondor and the Heirs of Anárion"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, The Return of the King, "The Passing of the Grey Company", Over the land there lies a long shadow