Citation template for The Lord of the Rings Appendices (published at the end of The Return of the King).
- A1 or NumKings: "The Númenorean Kings"
- A1i or Numenor: "Númenor"
- A1ii or Exile: "The Realms in Exile"
- A1iiN or North: "The Northern Line: Heirs of Isildur"
- A1iiS or South: "The Southern Line: Heirs of Anarion"
- A1iii or Eriador: "Eriador, Arnor, and the Heirs of Isildur"
- A1iv or Gondor: "Gondor and the Heirs of Anárion"
- A1ivS or Stewards: "The Stewards"
- A2 or Eorl: "The House of Eorl"
- A2i or Mark: "The Kings of the Mark"
- A3 or Durin: "Durin's Folk"
- B1 or SA: "The Second Age"
- B2 or TA: "The Third Age"
- B3 or Great: "The Great Years"
- B4 or Chief: "The Chief Days from the Fall of Barad-dûr to the End of the Third Age"
- B5 or Later: "Later Events Concerning the Members of the Fellowship of the Ring"
- C1 or Baggins: "Baggins of Hobbiton"
- C2 or Took: "Took of Great Smials"
- C3 or Brandybuck: "Brandybuck of Buckland"
- C4 or Gamgee: "The Longfather-tree of Master Samwise"
- C5 or Bolger: "Bolger of Budgeford"
- C6 or Boffin: "Boffin of the Yale"
- D1 or Shire: "The Shire Calendar"
- D2 or Calendars: "The Calendars"
- E1 or Pronunciation: "Pronunciation of Words and Names"
- E1i or Consonants: "Consonants"
- E1ii or Vowels: "Vowels"
- E1iii or Stress: "Stress"
- E2i or Letters: "The Fëanorian Letters"
- E2ii or Cirth: "The Cirth"
- F1 or Languages: "The Languages and Peoples of the Third Age"
- F1i or Elves: "Of the Elves"
- F1ii or Men: "Of Men"
- F1iii or Hobbits: "Of Hobbits"
- F1iv or Other: "Of Other Races"
- F2 or Translation: "On Translation"
 See also