|Birth||March 17, 1970 |
I've been a fan of the world of Middle-earth ever since I first read The Hobbit when I was seven years old. I've been reading The Lord of the Rings ever summer since high school. Although I enjoyed the books I didn't really study them very closely until Peter Jackson's movies came out. It was about the time that I first read The Silmarillion.
I'm also a huge video gamer. I've always been a fan of puzzles and trying to solve problems. I didn't really get into gaming until Zelda for the NES came out. I use to compete against other players for fun and in competitions with prize monies involved. Yet, after college, I haven't had the time to game regularly enough to be competitive and now I just do it for the joy of it.
I have played some Lord of the Rings video game titles, but not many of them impressed me much at all. The one exception is The Lord of the Rings Online. I played it about six weeks after it was released and haven't stopped since. Through my love of the video game I picked up The History of Middle-earth volumes.
My interest in Tolkien Gateway is to talk about how The Lord of the Rings Online relates to the lore of Middle-earth.
Personal To-Do List
Create an article for each of the The Letters of J.R.R. Tolkien (see below).
- Clean up The Lord of the Rings Online articles
- Clean up the main article using what User:Amroth started.
Make articles for each of the expansions and updates for the game.
- Write up the epic story line of the game with each chapter/book being placed in the expansion or patch/update it became available in. The only exception is the race introduction and prologue quests.
- Create a navigational template for each of the epic stories by their quest chain.
- Work on the article in my sandbox. (Started back in April 2009!)
Actually attend one of the Tolkien Gateway meetings.I never attended and they are no longer held.