Just leaving a 'Hi I'm Earendilyon' note ;)
As a bit of a Latin fan(atic) I registered because I saw a bad translation of a Latin word (see Arda article and discussion). Otherwise, I've no conmtributions (yet) that I know of. But we'll see.
Hey there Earendilyon. Just thought I'd leave a bit of a 'hello' for you. Just saw your edit on the Arda and Middle-earth articles, great contribution! It's great to have another Tolkien scholar around to help fix all the errors we have accumulated. You wouldn't happen to be the same Earendilyon from MinasTirith.com by any chance would you? Thanks again for stopping in and we'd love to see you back :) --Hyarion 15:59, 1 February 2006 (EST)
Ah, very cool! You really need to stop in on the IRC chat server we've been trying to get the citizens to chat on there more often but it's going slow. You can find myself, Lord Mithrandir, Ardamir, Halion, and a few other regulars, we've been trying to setup weekly Lore discussions as well. Also forgive the recent site downtime, in the 3+ years we've had the site up that's longest we've been offline and I was just pulling my hair out, oh well at least it's fixed. --Hyarion 18:31, 4 February 2006 (EST)
 Spam and Reversions
Thanks for keeping an eye on that spam for me, it comes in everyday and it's become a routine having to remove the filth. They usually edit as anonymous users so I've been tempting to just require anonymous user's edits to be verified by an administrator but I just feel that would take away from the wiki/edit anything instantly aspect.
If someone has messed up a page beyond recognition a good trick is to click the History tab, and you can see a list of all stages the page has been in, thank goodness the software keeps everything. Then you can click say the last edit by me, and it will show you what the page should look like, before the spam. Then you can just click edit and save and it'll save that older revision over the spam. Sorry I'm terrible at explaining things but hopefully you understand what I mean. --Hyarion 12:59, 5 February 2006 (EST)
P.S. Thanks for the help.
I'll see what I can do in that respect. If I don't succeed with this explanation at hand, I'll get in touch :)
Be careful on Talk:Main Page when removing the spam because a lot of times the spammer will replace comments on the page with spam, so if we just manually remove the spam we lose the comment(s) that was replaced. The best way is to click the History tab, click the last 'good' edit, click Edit, and then save it. Thanks again for the help :) --Hyarion 11:05, 2 March 2006 (EST)
Sorry, my mistake. --Earendilyon 04:10, 3 March 2006 (EST)
 Minas Tirith Library
One thing I've had in the idea queue is going through Minas Tirith's index topics and library and under 'External Links' on say the Balrogs article, link to relevant Balrog discussions. The wiki really isn't meant as a forum for debates/discussions so linking to forum discussions would interest people I think. What do you think? Of course we'd utilize other forums after MT but I think it would be a great place to start and give WGW some free traffic. --Hyarion 19:08, 16 February 2006 (EST)
 Happy Birthday!
Just thought I'd wish you a happy birthday, luckily I saw the thread on Minas Tirith or I would not have known. As I write in all the birthday cards: Have fun on your birthday...because it could be your last :) --Hyarion 21:51, 16 March 2006 (EST)
- Thank you very much! I had fun, even though you posted this 2:51 hours after my birthday ended ;) --Earendilyon 05:27, 17 March 2006 (EST)
- Hah, well to be fair it was still your birthday where I live :p --Hyarion 11:10, 17 March 2006 (EST)
 User boxes
Don't be modest with lore-2, go for a lore-3 :p If you think of any other user box ideas, let me know. I think a "This user prefers evil" with a red/black color scheme, then a good one, then maybe a box for each race, etc. Just things to spice up the user pages and add a bit of fun. --Hyarion 03:31, 21 April 2006 (EDT)
- I did indeed doubt a bit between lore-2 and lore-3, but decided on 2, as you also have that on your page ;-) Personally, I don't "prefer evil" but rather the "good side".
- Are you suffering from insomnia, btw? You're always up so late in the night! --Earendilyon 03:36, 21 April 2006 (EDT)
- Hehe, I never stated you should have an evil user box, it was a just suggestion for the site in general, but your quickness to deny it only proves it more so :p It's not very late here, only 12:44pm. The wiki is quite an addiction, I will admit to that, I would have thought this far into it I would have become bored but my interest seems to increase constantly. --Hyarion 03:44, 21 April 2006 (EDT)
Hey there :) had someone from theone-boards.net stop by the chat today, they said they heard about the encyclopedia from some thread and when I went to the forums and saw your name on the active users list I said to myself, hmm, I think I can take a guess where they heard it from :p Just wanted to give you a big thanks for helping to get the word out there. Your quote makes it all worth it :) --Hyarion 15:57, 6 May 2006 (EDT)
- "About that "dedication champ" mentioned by Durin, the Tolkien Gateway is led by a very driven guy, Hyarion, and also by some other dedicated contributors. IMHO, it has the potential of becoming the best Tolkien encyclopedia out there, and, moreover, hard on its way to make true that potential."
- ― Earendilyon
- Well, if you've had a look at that particular thread, it's about starting an encyclopedia at theone-boards.net itself. I wrote a post in it long before I encountered the Gateway, supporting the idea. Since it (still) isn't more than an idea, I mentioned the Gateway before, and yesterday again. The more people know about it, the better, I figured :-) --Earendilyon 07:02, 7 May 2006 (EDT)
 Minas Tirith
(In Dutch for the heck of it) Ear, net een vraag van Pi (op MT) beantwoord over de Holland/Nederland kwestie. Waar in Nederland ligt jouw Rivendell? -- Ederchil 13:04, 20 January 2008 (EST)
- De populairste boeken zijn de heel goeden en de belabberd slechten. Je hebt me nieuwsgierig gemaakt.
- He bleek trouwens wel een winkeldochter (bij De Slegte hier in de stad) te zijn. Die gast achter de balie waarschuwde me dat het slecht was en was blij toen ik hem vertelde dat ik het juist daarom kocht. -- Ederchil 03:30, 7 March 2008 (EST)
 Two Trees
Thank-you for correcting my verb (shown). I don't know how I did that! -Ingwe
- You're welcome! ~ Earendilyon 15:06, 9 February 2008 (EST)
 Just a small mistake
Hi, I know my English isn´t perfect... I've had a lots of problems with my profile and with pictures. I would like to find someone who can help me, not only say to me what's bad... If you find a mistake in my English you can correct it, if you want... Today I am sick and tired from "html language", so I go away...Gaelle Thenidiel .
 Time Zones
'ello ! :) I deleted the 'this night' part from your post on "Tolkien Gateway:Updates" because of the time differences (we have posters here from at least 3 continents, from what I saw so far). So I think it's better just to mention the date. And ...'Yay for us!' of course . :) ~~ Þelma 04:26, 12 July 2008 (EDT)
 Meeting - Sunday 5th September
Hi, Earendilyon! Just a quick message to inform you that we are holding our next Meeting on Sunday, 5th September 2010 at 7pm UTC. Whether you are or aren't able to attend, please sign your name on the here. Hope to see you on Sunday! --Mith (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 18:02, 30 August 2010 (UTC)
 Meeting - Sunday 3rd October
- Dunno, but I have some extra time on my hands right now ;-) --Earendilyon 10:20, 15 December 2014 (UTC)