From Tolkien Gateway
- 8 - C.S. Lewis recommends his brother Warren in a letter to read J.R.R. Tolkien's translation of The Owl and the Nightingale.
- 27 - Voice actor Casey Kasem is born.
- ? - The British Esperantist (Vol.28), including J.R.R. Tolkien's "A Philologist on Esperanto", is published.
- 24 - R.W. Chambers sends J.R.R. Tolkien an inscribed copy of Beowulf: An Introduction to the Study of the Poem.
- 27 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes a letter to A.F. Colborn.
- ? - J.R.R. Tolkien's essay "The Name 'Nodens'" is published as an appendix to the Report on the Excavation of the Prehistoric, Roman, and Post-Roman Site in Lydney Park, Gloucestershire.
- 9 - Author Jan Broberg, who were to conduct an interview with J.R.R. Tolkien, is born.
- 23 - Father Christmas writes a letter to J.R.R. Tolkien's children.
- ? - Tolkien's essay Sigelwara Land (Part 1) is published.
1929 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935