Events that occurred on 6 June.
 On Earth
- 1916 - J.R.R. Tolkien leaves England for France.
- 1925 - Actor Gareth Jones is born.
- 1928 - J.R.R. Tolkien is invited to a dinner marking the completion of the Oxford English Dictionary.
- 1964 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes a letter to Sue Parman.
- 1972 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes Letter 338.
- 1975 - Hugo Dyson dies.
- 1984 - Åke Ohlmarks, Swedish translator, dies.
- 2002 - At the MTV Movie Awards, Lord of the Piercing is aired.
- 2008 - Forodrim's 36th birthday celebration.
 In Arda