From Tolkien Gateway
Tolkien-related events that took place in 1970.
- 1 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes Letter 315.
- 7 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes a letter to his grandson Michael George Tolkien.
- 15 - Musician Charles Deenen is born.
- 4 - Actor William Keen is born.
- 13 - Tom Shippey, then a young academic at the University of Birmingham, receives a letter from J.R.R. Tolkien after giving a speech at a Tolkien-themed convention.
- 18 - Author and scholar Ármann Jakobsson is born.
- 4-7 - The first Mythcon is held at Harvey Mudd College.
- 11 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 316.
- 31 - Actor Nolan North is born.
- ? - The first issue of Mallorn is published.
- 1 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 317.
- 12 - Actor Craig Parker is born.
- 22 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 318.
- 14 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes a letter to W.A.R. Hadley.
- ? - The staff of the Oxford English Dictionary compiles an entry for "hobbit".
- ? - Tolkien Criticism: An Annotated Checklist is published.
- ? - José Manuel Ferrández Bru, Spanish writer, is born.
- ? - Producer Belén Atienza is born.
1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973