Diamond of Long Cleeve
Diamond of Long Cleeve was a hobbit of the Shire.
Diamond came from Long Cleeve, a village in the Northfarthing. She married Peregrin Took in S.R. 1427, and had one son, Faramir, named after Prince Faramir of Gondor.
Diamonds are precious jewels The jewel name supports the possibility that she was of a high family, such as the North-tooks, descendants of Bandobras Took.
 Portrayal in adaptations
Pippin meets his future wife.
2001-7: The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King:
- Whilst unnamed in the film itself, the Hobbit next to Pippin at Sam's wedding is identified as Diamond on a Decipher Card. She is played by Emma Deakin.
- ↑ According to the Appendix B Pippin left the Shire for Rohan in S.R. 1484. Presumably Diamond had died by then.
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix C, "Took of Great Smials"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix B, "Later Events Concerning the Members of the Fellowship of the Ring"
- ↑ Jim Allan (1978), An Introduction to Elvish, "Giving of Names"
- ↑ Castingcallpro.com, Emma Deakin, accessed December 12, 2010