From Tolkien Gateway
|"Ethring" by Matěj Čadil|
|Location||In Ringló Vale, east of Lamedon|
|Events||T.A. 3019: Passing of the Grey Company|
|Gallery||Images of Ethring|
Portrayal in adaptations
2014: The Lord of the Rings Online:
- Ethring was the only settlement in the Ringló Vale. During the War of the Ring, it was ruled by "Lord Borhador", who dwelt in the Crossing-Hall. Due to Borhador's old age, his son Dervorin led the soldiers of the Vale to Minas Tirith in his stead, and his other son "Arvaethor" assisted in protecting the Vale.
- The symbol used on the Map of Gondor suggests Ethring was only a bridge; there is no sign of a nearby town or settlement.
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, The Return of the King, "Map of Rohan, Gondor, and Mordor"
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, The Return of the King, "The Last Debate"
- J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Lost Road and Other Writings, Part Three: "The Etymologies", entry "AT(AT)", "RAT"