This article or section needs expansion and/or modification. Please help the wiki by expanding it.
|Location||The western shorelands of Beleriand, around the mouths of the Rivers Brithon and Nenning|
|Description||The shoreland realm of Círdan|
|Major towns||The Havens of the Falas: Brithombar and Eglarest|
|People and History|
|Events||First Battle of Beleriand, Fall of the Falas|
|Gallery||Images of Falas|
The River Brithon and the River Nenning ran into the sea here. The Elves built the havens of Brithombar and Eglarest. Finrod built the tower of Barad Nimras ("White Horn Tower") on a cape of the Falas between Brithombar and Eglarest.
The Falas only occasionally enters into the events of the First Age; in the First Battle of Beleriand, Morgoth's host overran the Falas and besieged the two havens, but lifted the siege in order to join in the Second Battle.
Nargothrond had an alliance with the Falas. During the Siege of Angband (F.A. 65), the Elves of Nargothrond aided the Falathrim in rebuilding the two Havens and made them fair and strong. They also built Barad Nimras to watch for attacks from the sea by Morgoth.
- J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The War of the Jewels, "The Grey Annals": §90
- J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Silmarillion, "Quenta Silmarillion: Of the Fifth Battle: Nirnaeth Arnoediad"
- J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Silmarillion, "Appendix: Elements in Quenya and Sindarin Names", falas
- Wayne G. Hammond and Christina Scull (eds), The Lord of the Rings: A Reader's Companion, p. lxiii
- J.R.R. Tolkien, "Words, Phrases and Passages in Various Tongues in The Lord of the Rings", in Parma Eldalamberon XVII (edited by Christopher Gilson), p. 62