From Tolkien Gateway
Noldorin pêl is a descendant form of Old Noldorin pele, deriving from root PEL(ES). Tolkien also notes the word tūn ("fenced field"; identified as Old English by Christopher Tolkien) in connection with pêl.
- cail, "(pointed) fence"
- echor, "encircling", "outer ring"
- gobel, "walled house or village, town"
- iâth, "fence"
- J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Lost Road and Other Writings, Part Three: "The Etymologies", p. 380
- J.R.R. Tolkien, "Addenda and Corrigenda to the Etymologies — Part Two" (edited by Carl F. Hostetter and Patrick H. Wynne), in Vinyar Tengwar, Number 46, July 2004, p. 8
- David Salo (2004), A Gateway to Sindarin, p. 322
- Didier Willis, Hiswelókë's Sindarin Dictionary at Jrrvf.com (accessed 20 July 2011)