Second Age 883
From Tolkien Gateway
Second Age 883 (abbreviated to S.A. 883) is the 883rd year of the Sun of the Second Age of Middle-earth.
Notable events in this year include:
- Tar-Meneldur surrenders the Sceptre.
- Tar-Aldarion, son of Tar-Meneldur, becomes King of Númenor.
- Tar-Aldarion departs to Mithlond to revisit Middle-earth in the same year or the next.
- No records are left of the later voyages of Tar-Aldarion, but it is known that he went much on land and sea and went up the river Gwathló as far as Tharbad and met Galadriel there. His works at the harbour of Vinyalondë were swept away. The works that he began again there were never completed and the sea gnawed at them.
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), Unfinished Tales, "Aldarion and Erendis: The Mariner's Wife", third quarter of the narrative
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), Unfinished Tales, "Aldarion and Erendis: The Mariner's Wife", The Further Course of the Narrative