Tolkien Gateway:Meetings/17 August 2008
From Tolkien Gateway
|Tolkien Gateway Meetings|
|Sunday 17 August 2008, 7pm UTC, #Wiki IRC Channel|
|Introduction of users.||Ederchil|
|Ederchil's nomination for adminship and the sharing of responsibility on the site.||KingAragorn|
|The Community Portal, if anything should be changed or added etc. - Quick Discussion||KingAragorn|
|Policy regarding The Hobbit (film series) and the second film; a clear policy concerning the in/exclusion of rumours and spoilers - second film especially.||Ederchil|
|Tolkien Gateway namespace articles and their categorization.||Ederchil|
|Giving more articles a Pronounced title, like what Ardamir has done.||Quidon88|
|Improving the Featured Article system (rules, set up, etc.), a possible Improvement Drive (or at least a comprehensive system), amongst other things, such as an overhaul of Tolkien Gateway Projects.||Lord Cutler Beckett|
- Ederchil was made an admin, due to unanimous positivity of the nomination.
- The sharing of responsibility was discussed, with new projects being created and users volunteering to become supervisors of these projects.
- The Community Portal includes everything it requires for now, although it will need to change as the site grows.
- In regards to spoilers and rumours about the upcoming adaptations by Guillermo del Toro's, it was decided a rumours section should be made and that it clearly state that it is unconfirmed information. In regards to pictures, it was suggested that only good quality pictures be added to the rumours section; however this discussion should continue next week.
- Articles should be categorized more specifically, especially the Tolkien Gateway namespace articles.
- Quidon88 has volunteered to record more pronunciations for titles of articles; all current and future pronunciations should soon use the new audio player. Quidon88 will post them on his user page before including them in articles so others can check them. Getting actors like Christopher Lee was also mooted to read our pronunciations! – Or more likely copy words from his recording of The Children of Húrin.