From Tolkien Gateway
|Sancho Proudfoot in The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (video game)|
|Birth||T.A. 2990 |
|Gallery||Images of Sancho Proudfoot|
The day after, on 23 September, T.A. 3001, he went to Bag End to seek for a treasure he heard rumours about. Frodo could just stop him, but not after Sancho had already started excavating the pantry, where he thought he heard an echo.
Portrayal in adaptations
- A young Hobbit named Sancho Proudfoot - or, the "dread highwayman Sancho Proudfoot ", as he prefers to call himself - causes quite some mischief in Hobbiton and Bywater. Several of the early missions the player - as Frodo - has to do involve solving problems caused by Sancho, such as retrieving a metal pin of the Hobbiton Mill and Old Noakes' medicinal herbs.
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix C, "Baggins of Hobbiton"
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, The Fellowship of the Ring, "A Long-expected Party"
- Jim Allan (1978), An Introduction to Elvish, Giving of Names, p. 192
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix F, "On Translation"
- The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (video game), levels "Hobbiton" and "Bywater"