Third Age 3001
From Tolkien Gateway
Notable events in this year include:
- Gaffer Gamgee, Old Noakes, Daddy Twofoot, Sandyman and other strangers are at the Ivy Bush and gossip about Bilbo and Frodo Baggins.
- (two days later) Rumors begin that Bilbo's party will have fireworks.
- A Dwarf-wagon loaded with packages comes to Bag End.
- c. 15 - Gandalf rides a cart over the Brandywine Bridge, through Bywater and reaches Bag End.
- The following day and week more wagons and carts arrive. Bilbo sends orders for provisions from the neighboring regions.
- 21 - Cloudy weather over Hobbiton.
- 22 - Bilbo's farewell feast. Gandalf suspects Bilbo's ring to be the One Ring.
- 23 - Frodo Baggins inherits Bag End and has a hard time managing the inheritance and distributing Bilbo's gifts. At the evening Gandalf departs seeking for news of Gollum.
- Gandalf calls on the help of Aragorn. The Rangers of the North double their guard on the Shire.