From Tolkien Gateway
Events that occurred on 30 October.
- 1920 - Actor Norman Bird is born.
- 1931 - J.R.R. Tolkien is appointed supervisor for B.Litt student A.F. Colborn.
- 1936 - Rayner Unwin, aged 10, writes a "Report on the Hobbit".
- 1965 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes a letter to his grandson Michael George, published as Letter 279.
- 1965 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes a letter to J.L.N. O'Loughlin.
- 1995 - Actor Andy Pessoa is born.
- 2001 - The parody book The Roadkill of Middle Earth is published.
- 2005 - RingCon V at SeaTac, Washington.
- 2006 - Finding God in The Hobbit is published.
- 2010 - Mereth Aderthad XVI, or "EstelCon" of the Spanish Tolkien Society in Valenica, Spain.
- 2010 - Looking for the King: An Inklings Novel is published.
- 2014 - The Hobbit and Tolkien's Mythology is published.
- 2014 - Arda Inhabited is published.
- F.A. 495:
- T.A. 3018:
- Frodo and Samwise rest in Rivendell and prepare for their quest to destroy the One Ring.
- T.A. 3019:
- Gandalf and the four Hobbits leave Bree. Gandalf leaves to visit Tom Bombadil.
- Night: The Travellers come to the Brandywine Bridge.
- Full moon
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix B, "The Chief Days from the Fall of Barad-dûr to the End of the Third Age"
- ↑ Wayne G. Hammond and Christina Scull (eds), The Lord of the Rings: A Reader's Companion, p. l