|Calembel in The Lord of the Rings Online|
|Gallery||Images of Calembel|
On 9 March T.A. 3019, Aragorn, the Grey Company and the Army of the Dead departed from Erech, crossed the fords over the river Ciril and arrived at Calembel. The fords over the river Ciril and the town of Calembel were deserted, because many men had gone to fight in the War of the Ring and the remaining population had fled to the hills after they heard a rumour that the King of the Dead was coming.
Portrayal in adaptations
2014: The Lord of the Rings Online:
- Calembel is the seat of Lord Angbor, who was charged by Prince Imrahil with protecting the land from the Corsairs of Umbar when the other Lords of Gondor rode to the defence of Minas Tirith. Deciding to make a stand against the Corsairs in Linhir, Angbor left his son Drambor in charge of Calembel, which served as a refuge for inhabitants of the nearby village of Lothgobel when it was attacked by the Corsairs.
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, The Return of the King, "Map of Rohan, Gondor, and Mordor"
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, The Return of the King, "The Passing of the Grey Company", p. 790
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix B, "The Great Years", entry for the year 3019, March, 9, p. 1093
- Paul Strack, "S. Calembel loc.", Eldamo - An Elvish Lexicon (accessed 7 February 2022)
- J.R.R. Tolkien, "Unfinished index for The Lord of the Rings", in Wayne G. Hammond and Christina Scull (eds), The Lord of the Rings: A Reader's Companion, p. 537
- David Salo (2004), A Gateway to Sindarin, p. 371