The Folde was the centre of Rohan where the members of the royal house and their relatives lived. Its eastern boundary was roughly a line South-west from the confluence of the river Snowbourn and the river Entwash to the White Mountains. The Eastfold was the land east from that line to the Fenmark between the river Entwash and the White Mountains. The Westfold was the land along the White mountains as far as the River Isen.
The defensive center of the Folde and Eastfold was at Edoras.
- J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), Unfinished Tales, "The Battles of the Fords of Isen", Appendix (i)
- Robert Foster, The Complete Guide to Middle-earth, p. 148, entry "Folde"
- J.R.R. Tolkien, "Nomenclature of The Lord of the Rings" in Wayne G. Hammond and Christina Scull (eds), The Lord of the Rings: A Reader's Companion, pp. 770-1 entry Folde
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, The Return of the King, "Map of Rohan, Gondor, and Mordor"
- J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), Unfinished Tales, "The West of Middle-earth at the End of the Third Age" [map]