Fourth Age 13
From Tolkien Gateway
Fourth Age 13 (abbreviated to Fo.A. 13 or F.O. 13) is the 13th year of the Sun of the Fourth Age of Middle-earth. Unless otherwise stated, Tolkien Gateway follows Shire usage in Appendix B for reckoning Fourth Age years: Fourth Age 13 was also known as S.R. 1434 in Shire-reckoning.
Notable events in this year include:
Earlier this Year
- Death of Thain Paladin Took II.
- Peregrin Took, son of Paladin and Eglantine Banks, becomes the thirty-second Thain of the Shire.
- King Elessar makes the Thain, the Master, and the Mayor Counsellors of the North-Kingdom.
- Samwise Gamgee is elected Mayor of Michel Delving for the second time.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix C, "Took of Great Smials"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix B, "Later Events Concerning the Members of the Fellowship of the Ring"