Third Age 1975
From Tolkien Gateway
Notable events in this year include:
Early[edit | edit source]
- Having learned from Aranarth about King Arvedui, Cirdan sends an elven ship to Forochel to rescue him.
March[edit | edit source]
- Long winter, the ice of the north remains longer than usual.
- Arvedui drowned in the Icebay of Forochel.
- The palantíri of Annúminas and Amon Sûl are lost. The Ring of Barahir stays with the chief of the Lossoth.
Later[edit | edit source]
- Angmar War: Eärnur brings a fleet to Lindon.
- The Host of the West is assembled; Glorfindel with a force from Rivendell joins them.
- The Witch-king defeated at the Battle of Fornost. He is pursued to the Ettenmoors where Eärnur fails to fight him. He vanishes from the North.