Third Age 2963
Third Age 2963 (abbreviated to T.A. 2963) is the 2963rd year of the Sun of the Third Age of Middle-earth. Third Age 2963 was also known as S.R. 1363 in Shire-reckoning.
Notable events in this year include:
- Birth of Théodwyn, fifth child and fourth daughter of King Thengel and Morwen Steelsheen.
- Death of Gorbadoc Brandybuck.
- Rorimac Brandybuck, son of Gorbadoc and Mirabella Took, becomes the Master of Buckland.
- Death of Linda Baggins.
In the second edition of The Lord of the Rings, Samwise Gamgee's year of birth was added to The Tale of Years as 2963. This contradicted both the Longfather Tree of Master Samwise and a later entry in The Tale of Years. The incorrect date has been corrected (to T.A. 2980) in the 50th anniversary edition. See also The Lord of the Rings: A Reader's Companion, p. 716.
In most editions, Appendix C gives Bingo Baggins's death as S.R. 1360, but in some later editions, including the 1994 and 50th anniversary editions, the year is mistakenly given as 1363. 
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix A, "The House of Eorl", "The Kings of the Mark", Thengel
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix C, "Brandybuck of Buckland"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix C, "Baggins of Hobbiton"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix C, "The Longfather-tree of Master Samwise"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix B, "Later Events Concerning the Members of the Fellowship of the Ring", S.R. 1469
- ↑ Wayne G. Hammond and Christina Scull, Addenda and Corrigenda to the 50th anniversary edition of The Lord of the Rings (2004–5).