Tolkien Studies: Volume 13
From Tolkien Gateway
|Tolkien Studies: Volume 13|
|Editor||David Bratman, Michael D.C. Drout, Verlyn Flieger|
|Publisher||West Virginia University Press|
Contents[edit | edit source]
- Simon Cook, "The Cauldron at the Outer Edge: Tolkien on the Oldest English Fairy Tales"
- Paul Acker, "Tolkien's Sellic Spell: A Beowulfian Fairy Tale"
- John D. Rateliff, "'That Seems To Me Fatal': Pagan and Christian in The Fall of Arthur"
- T.S. Sudell, "The Alliterative Verse of The Fall of Arthur"
- Dennis Wilson Wise, "Book of the Lost Narrator: Re-Reading the 1977 Silmarillion as a Unified Text"
- Jeremy Painter, "'A Honeycomb Gathered from Different Flowers': Tolkien-the-Compiler's Middle-earth 'Sources' in The Lord of the Rings"
- Michael Potts, "'Evening-Lands': Spenglerian Tropes in The Lord of the Rings"
- Matthew M. DeForrest, "J.R.R. Tolkien and the Irish Question"
- Book Reviews
- In the Nameless Wood: Explorations in the Philological Hinterland of Tolkien's Literary Creations, by J.S. Ryan, reviewed by Christopher Gilson
- Tolkien and Philosophy, edited by Roberto Arduini and Claudio A. Testi, reviewed by Andrew Higgins
- The Body in Tolkien's Legendarium: Essays on Middle-earth Corporeality, edited by Christopher Vaccaro, reviewed by Valerie Estelle Frankel
- Tolkien in the New Century: Essays in Honor of Tom Shippey, edited by John Wm. Houghton, Janet Brennan Croft, Nancy Martsch, John D. Rateliff, and Robin Anne Reid, reviewed by Valerie Estelle Frankel
- The Art of The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien, by Wayne G. Hammond and Christina Scull, reviewed by Sarah Beach
- Arda Inhabited: Environmental Relationships in The Lord of the Rings, by Susan Jeffers, reviewed by Kristine Larsen
- Book Notes, by David Bratman
- David Bratman, Edith L. Crowe, Jason Fisher, John Wm. Houghton, John Magoun, and Robin Anne Reid, "The Year's Work in Tolkien Studies 2013"
- David Bratman, "Bibliography (In English) for 2014"
[edit | edit source]
- Tolkien Studies: Volume 13 at Project Muse
|Tolkien Studies volumes|
|Volume 1 · Volume 2 · Volume 3 · Volume 4 · Volume 5 · Volume 6 · Volume 7 · Volume 8 ·|
Volume 9 · Volume 10 · Volume 11 · Volume 12 · Volume 13 · Volume 14 · Volume 15 · Volume 16 ·
Volume 17 · Volume 18 · Volume 19 (Supplement)