Tolkien Studies: Volume 16
From Tolkien Gateway
|Tolkien Studies: Volume 16|
|Editor||David Bratman, Michael D.C. Drout, Verlyn Flieger|
|Publisher||West Virginia University Press|
Tolkien Studies: Volume 16, published in 2019, is the sixteenth volume of the annual review Tolkien Studies.
- Luke J. Chambers, "Enta Geweorc and the Work of Ents"
- Marie H. Loughlin, "Tolkien's Treasures: Marvellous Objects in The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings"
- Anika Jensen, "Flowers and Steel: The Necessity of War in Feminist Tolkien Scholarship"
- J.M. Silk, "The Kings of the Mark: Tolkien's Naming Process and his Views on Language Evolution"
- Megan N. Fontenot, "The Art of Eternal Disaster: Tolkien's Apocalypse and the Road to Healing"
- John Rosegrant, "Mother Music"
- Notes and Documents
- Richard C. West, "A Letter from Father Murray"
- Thomas P. Hillman, "Not Where He Eats, But Where He Is Eaten: Bilbo's Bread and Butter Simile"
- Book Reviews
- Tolkien: Maker of Middle-earth and Tolkien Treasures, by Catherine McIlwaine, reviewed by Denis Bridoux
- The Fall of Gondolin, by J.R.R. Tolkien, edited by Christopher Tolkien, reviewed by Jennifer Rogers
- Sub-creating Arda: World-building in J.R.R. Tolkien's Work, its Precursors and its Legacies, edited by Dimitra Fimi and Thomas Honegger, reviewed by David Bratman
- David Bratman, Jason Fisher, John Wm. Houghton, John Magoun, Kate Neville, and Robin Anne Reid, "The Year's Work in Tolkien Studies 2016"
- David Bratman, "Bibliography (in English) for 2017"
- Tolkien Studies: Volume 16 at Project Muse
|Tolkien Studies volumes|
|Volume 1 · Volume 2 · Volume 3 · Volume 4 · Volume 5 · Volume 6 · Volume 7 · Volume 8 ·|
Volume 9 · Volume 10 · Volume 11 · Volume 12 · Volume 13 · Volume 14 · Volume 15 · Volume 16 ·
Volume 17 · Volume 18 · Volume 19 (Supplement)