Tolkien Studies: Volume 3
From Tolkien Gateway
|Tolkien Studies: Volume 3|
|Editor||Douglas A. Anderson, Michael D.C. Drout, Verlyn Flieger|
|Publisher||West Virginia University|
|Released||Printed: June, 2006|
Digital: May, 2006
Tolkien Studies: Volume 3 is the third volume of the annual review Tolkien Studies.
- Ross Smith: "Fitting Sense to Sound: Linguistic Aesthetics and Phonosemantics in the Work of J.R.R. Tolkien"
- Maria Prozesky: "The Text Tale of Frodo the Nine-fingered: Residual Oral Patterning in The Lord of the Rings"
- Amy M. Amendt-Raduege: "Dream Visions in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings"
- Gergely Nagy: "The "Lost" Subject of Middle-earth: The Constitution of the Subject in the Figure of Gollum in The Lord of the Rings"
- Martin Simonson: "Three is Company: Novel, Fairy Tale, and Romance on the Journey through the Shire"
- Richard W. Fehrenbacher: "Beowulf as Fairy-story: Enchanting the Elegiac in The Two Towers"
- James Obertino: "Barbarians and Imperialism in Tacitus and The Lord of the Rings"
- Verlyn Flieger: "Karen Wynn Fonstad"
- Karen Wynn Fonstad: "Writing "TO" the Map"
- Douglas A. Anderson: "R. W. Chambers and The Hobbit"
- Michael D.C. Drout: "A Spliced Old English Quotation in 'Beowulf: The Monsters and the Critics'"
- James Ignatius McNelis: "'The tree took me up from ground and carried me off': A Source for Tolkien's Ents in Ludvig Holberg's 'Journey of Niels Klim to the World Underground'"
- Book Reviews
- John Garth: "Sí Qente Feanor & Other Elvish Writings, and: Parma Eldalamberon XV"
- Paul Edmund Thomas: "Smith of Wootton Major: Extended Edition"
- Sandra Ballif Straubhaar: "Gateway to Sindarin"
- Gergely Nagy: "Interrupted Music: The Making of Tolkien's Mythology"
- Robin Anne Reid: " 'J.R.R. Tolkien Special Issue,' Mfs: Modern Fiction Studies, 50 no. 4 (Winter 2004)"
- David Bratman: "The Lord of the Rings: A Reader's Companion"
- Dimitra Fimi: "Perilous Realms: Celtic and Norse in Tolkien's Middle-earth"
- Janet Brennan Croft: "Reconsidering Tolkien"
- Amy Amendt-Raduege: "The Science of Middle-earth"
- Shaun F. D. Hughes: "Tolkien, les racines du legendaire, and: Tolkien, trente ans apres (1973-2003)"
- Margaret Sinex: "Tolkien and the Invention of Myth: A Reader"
- David Doughan: "Tolkien in Translation, and: Translating Tolkien: Text and Film"
- Kristin Thompson: "Tolkien on Film: Essays on Peter Jackson's 'The Lord of the Rings' "
- Arden Ray Smith: "Translating Tolkien: Philological Elements in 'The Lord of the Rings' "
- Richard C. West: "Unsung Heroes of 'The Lord of the Rings': From the Page to the Screen"
- John Garth: "War and the Works of J.R.R. Tolkien"
- "The Year's Work in Tolkien Studies 2003", by David Bratman
- "Bibliography (in English) for 2004", by Michael D. C. Drout, Marcel R. Bulles, Rebecca Epstein
- Tolkien Studies: Volume 3 at Project Muse
|Tolkien Studies volumes|
|Volume 1 · Volume 2 · Volume 3 · Volume 4 · Volume 5 · Volume 6 · Volume 7 · Volume 8 ·|
Volume 9 · Volume 10 · Volume 11 · Volume 12 · Volume 13 · Volume 14 · Volume 15 · Volume 16 ·
Volume 17 · Volume 18 · Volume 19 (Supplement)