First Age 502
Notable events in this year include:
- Húrin goes to Nargothrond and slays Mîm. He takes the treasure of Nargothrond, including the Nauglamír.
- Húrin takes the treasure to Doriath and casts the Nauglamír at Thingol's feet. Realising from Melian that he has been acting evilly due to Morgoth, Húrin leaves Doriath and casts himself into the Sea.
- Thingol commissions the Dwarves to remake the Nauglamír with the Silmaril. The Dwarves steal the Nauglamír and kill Thingol.
- The Dwarves are pursued by the Elves; all but two dwarves are killed, who return to Nogrod. The Nauglamír is returned to Menegroth.
- Melian leaves Middle-earth. The Girdle of Melian is withdrawn leaving Doriath unprotected.
- Second Union of Elves and Men: Tuor marries Idril in Gondolin.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Silmarillion, "Quenta Silmarillion: Of the Ruin of Doriath"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The War of the Jewels, "Part Three. The Wanderings of Húrin and Other Writings not forming part of the Quenta Silmarillion: I. The Wanderings of Húrin", p. 258